Steven Spielberg Reveals ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Production Start Date

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap

Steven Spielberg has teased the production start date for “Indiana Jones 5,” saying that he will start filming the next adventure next spring.

According to multiple media reports, the director confirmed at the Rakuten TV Empire Awards on Sunday night that he will begin production next April in the United Kingdom.

“It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK,” Spielberg said during his acceptance speech, according to ComicBook.com. “The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here.”

Previously dated for July 19, 2019, the film was pushed to open on July 10, 2020. Spielberg is set to return to direct and executive produce star Harrison Ford. The “Star Wars” actor will turn 78 on July 13, 2020. The project was announced in 2016.

Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will return to produce. The films have grossed roughly $2 billion at the global box office.

For now, Spielberg will next release “Ready Player One” on March 30. He most recently directed “The Post,” which was nominated for two Oscars and won the AFI Award for Movie of the Year.

Representatives for Lucasfilm have not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Indiana Jones: 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' Historical Fact-Check (Photos)

Disney Pushes Fifth 'Indiana Jones' Film to 2020

James Wan Says 'Aquaman' Will Have 'Spirit' of 'Indiana Jones' Film