Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.
Sylvester Stallone’s publicist has come out swinging against a report by the Daily Mail that the “Rocky” star was accused of sexual assault against a 16-year-old in 1986, calling the report a “ridiculous, categorically false story.”
“No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone,” Stallone spokesperson Michelle Bega said in a statement provided to TheWrap. “At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.”
The Daily Mail report, published Thursday, said that Stallone was accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl while filming “Over the Top” in Las Vegas.
According to the Daily Mail story, the unnamed teenager told police that she had been “intimidated” into having sex with Stallone and his bodyguard, Michael De Luca, at a Las Vegas hotel in July 1986.
The Mail reported that the teen said she became “very uncomfortable” after Stallone urged De Luca to join them while having sex but “felt she had no choice” at that point.
Citing a police report, the Mail reported that De Luca, who died in 2013, forced the teenager to perform oral sex on her, then penetrated her, and that Stallone “made her give him oral sex.”
The teenager said that Stallone threatened her afterward, saying that both he and De Luca were married and would have to “beat her head in” if she told anyone about the incident, according to the Mail’s report.
According to the Mail, the police report noted that the teen ultimately declined to seek charges against Stallone and De Luca because she felt “humiliated and ashamed” in addition to being “scared.”