Categories
The Wrap

Mark Burnett ‘Does Not Have the Ability’ to Release Donald Trump Footage, Producer Says

Mark Burnett broke his silence on Donald Trump on Monday, with the superproducer stating that he cannot release any footage of the GOP candidate from his time on “The Apprentice” that isn’t already available.

MGM and Burnett issued the following statement to TheWrap:

“MGM owns Mark Burnett‘s production company and ‘The Apprentice’ is one of its properties. Despite reports to the contrary, Mark Burnett does not have the ability nor the right to release footage or other material from ‘The Apprentice.’ Various contractual and legal requirements also restrict MGM’s ability to release such material. The recent claims that Mark Burnett has threatened anyone with litigation if they were to leak such material are completely and unequivocally false. To be clear, as previously reported in the press, which Mark Burnett has confirmed, he has consistently supported Democratic campaigns.”

Burnett has been under pressure to release behind the scenes footage of Trump after a 2005 recording of the GOP candidate surfaced in which he tells former “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush that he is free to grope women due to his celebrity status.

On Friday, a tape surfaced of Trump talking with Bush, in which Trump said, “I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ‘em by the p—y.”

 

Read More