Bella Thorne Thriller ‘Ride’ Acquired by RLJE Films, UMC

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.

RLJE Films and Urban Movie Channel (UMC) have acquired the North American rights to Bella Thorne’s thriller “Ride,” both distribution companies announced Tuesday.

The film also stars Jessie T. Usher and Will Brill, and marks the feature film debut of writer/director Jeremy Ungar. “Ride” will hit theaters, VOD and Digital HD this Fall.

“With its talented young cast and thrilling plotline, we know audiences are going to be drawn to ‘Ride,’” said chief acquisitions officer Mark Ward for RLJE Films. “The story is incredibly relevant to today’s culture.”

Also Read: ‘Famous in Love’ Canceled by Freeform After 2 Seasons

“Ride” follows a rideshare driver named James (Usher) and his passenger Jessica (Thorne), who pick up Bruno (Brill), which turns into a night out in Los Angeles of war for survival.

“In ‘Ride,’ Jeremy created a quintessential millennial thriller wrought with tension and fueled by our darkest fears related to the cultural phenomenon of ride-sharing,” said producer Keith Kjarval. “We could not be any more pleased to join forces with RLJE, who continue to have their fingers on the pulse of genre fans everywhere.”

Also Read: Bill Skarsgard, Bella Thorne Thriller ‘Assassination Nation’ Sells to Neon, Russo Brothers for $10 Million

Kjarval produced alongside Tyler Jackson and Sefton Fincham. “Ride” was financed by the Fyzz Facility along with Unified Film Fund II. Robert Jones and Wayne Marc Godfrey executive produced with David Grace, Mike Rowe, Levi Sheck and Dean Buchanan.

Ward and Jess De Leo from RLJE negotiated the deal with Endeavor Content on behalf of the filmmakers.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Bella Thorne Has Worked Every Day Since She Was 6 Weeks Old, Plus 4 More Things in Vogue Doc (Video)

Bella Thorne Says She Was Sexually Abused Until She Was 14: ‘Over and Over I Waited For It to Stop’

‘Famous in Love’ Star Carter Jenkins Reveals the One Downside to Having to Kiss Bella Thorne (Video)

Keanu Reeves Thriller ‘Siberia’ Picked Up by Saban Films

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.

Saban Films has acquired the North American rights to the thriller “Siberia,” which stars Keanu Reeves, Ana Ularu and Molly Ringwald, the distributor announced Friday.

Matthew Ross directed the romantic crime-thriller that was written by Scott B. Smith from a story by Stephen Hamel and Smith. Hamel and Reeves produced alongside Gabriela Bacher of Summerstorm Entertainment/Film House Germany, Dave Hansen and Braden Aftergood.

“Siberia” follows Lucas Hill (Reeves), an American diamond trader who sells blue diamonds to buyers in Russia. He soon begins an obsessive relationship with a Russian cafe owner while dealing with the dangerous world of diamond trade.

Also Read: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter to Reprise Roles in Third ‘Bill & Ted’ Film

“‘Siberia’ is a fresh departure from your average love story, balancing the high-wire act of being a thriller with pacing that keeps you on your toes till the last frame,” said Saban Films’ Bill Bromiley in a statement.  “Everyone will love this.”

Ross’ first feature, “Frank & Lola,” premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival. It was later acquired and released by Universal Studios.

Cassian Elwes helped to arrange financing and is executive producing with Marc Hansell, Devan Towers, and Jere R. Hausfater; Wayne Marc Godfrey and Robert Jones of The Fyzz; Christian Angermayer and Klemens Hallmann of Film House; Chris Lemole and Tim Zajaros of Armory Films; and Phyllis Laing and Jeff Beesley of Buffalo Gals.

Also Read: Keanu Reeves Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Replicas’ Sells to Entertainment Studios

Bromiley and Jonathan Saba negotiated the deal for Saban Films, with Endeavor Content on behalf of the filmmakers.

Saban Films already acquired Gerard Butler’s “Keepers” at this year’s festival. Earlier this year, the company bought the rights to “Lizzie,” starring Chloe Sevigny and Kristen Stewart, at Sundance.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Cannes Report, Day 3: Women Rule, ‘Cold War’ Hailed as ‘Best Film’ Yet

Cannes Confirms ‘Don Quixote’ for Closing Night, Praises Court Win: ‘Cinema Has Regained Its Rights’

Cannes Report, Day 2: ‘Rafiki’ Makes History, ‘Don Quixote’ Scores Legal Victory

‘The Foreigner’s Wayne Marc Godfrey On Decade-Long Journey; STX/Sparkle Roll China Co-Pro Soon Passing $100M Offshore

Read on: Deadline.

EXCLUSIVE: STX and Sparkle Roll’s The Foreigner, originated by The Fyzz Facility, has already crossed $100M globally and is nearing $100M at the international box office with $98.5M projected through this weekend. After some mixed attempts by others, this one is a fine example of how a Chinese co-production can work. That arrangement was engineered by the folks at STX and co-star Jackie Chan‘s Sparkle Roll Media after the project was brought to them by Fyzz founder Wayne M…

Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Acquires Worldwide Rights to ’48 Meters Down’

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.

The theatrical distribution division of Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios, Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures, has acquired the worldwide distribution rights to the suspense thriller “48 Meters Down” from The Fyzz Facility, the company announced today.

“48 Meters Dow”n is the sequel to the 2017 Mandy Moore/Claire Holt shark thriller “47 Meters Down,” which grossed over $58 million worldwide. “48 Meters Down” is slated for worldwide theatrical release June 28, 2019.

The deep-sea horror/thriller will be directed by Johannes Roberts (“47 Meters Down,” “The Other Side of the Door”), from a script he is co-writing with his “47 Meters Down” co-writer, Ernest Riera.

Also Read: ’47 Meters Down’ Review: Mandy Moore Battles Sharks, Asphyxiation on the Ocean Floor

James Harris, Mark Lane, Wayne Marc Godfrey and Robert Jones of The Fyzz Facility are producing “48 Meters Down.” Altitude Film Sales, the sales agent on “47 Meters Down” will be executive producers on the sequel.

“48 Meters Down” takes place in the backpacking mecca of Brazil, against the backdrop of the country’s vibrant culture, party atmosphere, and beautiful beaches. A group of five girls from different backgrounds and countries are united by their lust for life and adventure in the coastal metropolis of Recife. Looking to get off the well-worn tourist trail, they hear about a hidden underwater ruin from a local guide and seize the opportunity to discover their own Atlantis beneath the turquoise waves. Unbeknownst to them, the caves where the forgotten city lies are not completely uninhabited, and as they swim deeper into the submerged labyrinth of caves they enter the territory of the deadliest shark species in the ocean.

Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures currently has a multi-year output deal with Netflix. Other titles recently acquired by the label include the Rob Cohen-helmed action/thriller “The Hurricane Heist,” the Keanu Reeves sci-fi action/thriller “Replicas,” the thriller “Chappaquiddick,” and Christian Bale’s “Hostiles.”

Also Read: Mandy Moore Fends Off Sharks in ’47 Meters Down’ Trailer (Video)

“Byron Allen had the balls to take ’47 Meters Down’ on and put everything on the line to deliver such an outstanding result. We just couldn’t consider going anywhere else for our underwater sequel,” said The Fyzz Facility’s Wayne Marc Godfrey.

“We are very excited to bring the 47 Meters Down filmmaking team back together again,” said Byron Allen, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Entertainment Studios. “The sequel ’48 Meters Down’ is well-positioned to be a big summer event movie. The shark-filled psychological horror/thriller will once again have moviegoers overwhelmed and on the edge of their seats being terrorized by the world’s greatest predators!!!”

The deal for “48 Meters Down” was brokered by The Fyzz Facility’s Wayne Marc Godfrey and Entertainment Studios.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Ted Kennedy Movie ‘Chappaquiddick’ Scores $20 Million From Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios (Video)

Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Acquires TheGrio

Byron Allen Files $10 Billion Lawsuit Against FCC, Charter Communications Claiming Racial Discrimination