Lori Loughlin’s ‘Fuller House’ Future Dim Due To Elite School Bribery Scandal

Read on: Deadline.

First it was Hallmark Channel cutting Lori Loughlin loose earlier today after her indicted involvement in the elite college admissions fraud scheme. Now it seems inevitable that Netflix will not be inviting the actor know around the world as Aunt Becky…

‘People of Earth’ Canceled as TBS Reverses Season 3 Renewal

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.

TBS has reversed its decision to renew the third season of “People of Earth,” the alien abduction comedy from creator David Jenkins and executive producer Conan O’Brien.

“Just got word last night: TBS has canceled People of Earth. Thank you to everyone who was a fan of the show and enjoyed its gentle, amiable sci-fi weirdness. It was an honor sharing this show with you. Let’s do it again soon. Love you all,” Jenkins tweeted Friday.

The show was renewed for a third season in September and had already been written. Jenkins said in a subsequent tweet that those episodes will not be shot.

Also Read: TBS Renews ‘Search Party,’ ‘People of Earth’ for Second Seasons

The comedy, produced by Warner Horizon Television, starred comedian and actor Wyatt Cenac as a journalist who joined a support group for alien abductees. Season 1 averaged 4.3 million total viewers across multiple platforms.

It’s not unheard of for a network to cancel a show after a season renewal. HBO renewed its drama “Vinyl” for a second season soon after the show’s premiere in 2016, only to cancel it three months later.

Cenac has an HBO late-night series, “Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas,” which was renewed in May for a second season.

Just got word last night: TBS has cancelled People of Earth. Thank you to everyone who was a fan of the show and enjoyed its gentle, amiable sci-fi weirdness. It was an honor sharing this show with you. Let’s do it again soon. Love you all. https://t.co/QViyRi0RNF

— David Jenkins (@david_jenkins__) June 8, 2018

Season three, which is already written, will not be shot. Season two is the last season. https://t.co/MNRlecLAQJ

— David Jenkins (@david_jenkins__) June 8, 2018

Related stories from TheWrap:

Conan O’Brien Says TBS Honchos Resisted 30-Minute Show, Giving Up ‘Hour’s Worth of Ads’

Trump Slams ‘No Talent’ Samantha Bee, Calls for TBS to Fire Her

TBS Scrubs Samantha Bee’s Entire ‘Feckless C–t’ Episode From the Web (Video)

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Trailer Teases Sexual Misconduct Storm (Video)

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.

During the finale of ABC’s “The Bachelorette” on Monday night, producers aired footage of the upcoming season of “Bachelor in Paradise” — specifically the part of the show over which production was halted due to allegations of sexual misconduct in June.

In the trailer, Corinne Olympios arrives in paradise and jumps into the pool with DeMario Jackson. Later that night, Olympios and Jackson are pulled aside by producers and the camera men are asked to stop filming, while contestants on the show are confused as to what is going on.

“Are Corinne and DeMario okay?” a cast member can be heard saying in the new promo video.

See Video: ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Trailer Addresses Controversy in Tone-Deaf Way

Olympios and Jackson were at the forefront of the sexual misconduct allegations in June after an encounter between contestants the two contestants, which Olympios claimed had been non-consensual. Warner Bros., which produces the show through Warner Horizon Television, announced last month that no evidence of misconduct had been found and that production would resume.

Olympios’ team had also concluded the investigation to her “satisfaction” and the former contestant is “happy about the changes that have been made to the production.”

Also Read: Corinne Olympios to Return for ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Reunion After Sexual Misconduct Scandal

“Bachelor in Paradise” will premiere on Monday. Cast members include Raven Gates, Amanda Stanton, Robby Hayes, Derek Peth and Kristina Schulman.

Watch the video above.

Related stories from TheWrap:

‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Co-Star Calls New On-Camera Consent Rules ‘Awkward’

Corinne Olympios Praises ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Changes, But Is Not Returning to the Show

‘Bachelor in Paradise’s’ DeMario Jackson Says There’s a ‘Conspiracy’ Against Him

Andy Cohen to Host ‘Love Connection’ Revival on Fox

Read on: TheWrapTheWrap.

Fox is bringing back “Love Connection,” and the broadcast net’s got Andy Cohen onboard as host.

The one-hour series has a 15 episode order and a pretty good dating show pedigree, with Mike Fleiss of “The Bachelor” handing executive producer duties, alongside Martin Hilton, James Breen and Jason Ehrlich. Cohen will co-executive produce. From Fleiss’ NEXT Entertainment, Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures Productions, “Love Connection” will premiere on Fox in Summer 2017.

Each episode will will feature single men and/or women in search of romance. After the singles are sent on three blind dates, they will dish the dirt in front of a live studio audience, as Cohen, the well-known provocateur, brings his personal brand of audacious fun to the series, per Fox.

Also Read: Andy Cohen Reveals Skin Cancer Diagnosis on ‘Live With Kelly’ (Video)

“I was a huge fan of the original ‘Love Connection,’ and hosting the new version allows me to do one of the things I love most: meddling in people’s personal lives,” said Cohen.

“We couldn’t be more thrilled to bring this incredibly beloved and iconic show to primetime network television,” added Mike Darnell, president of Warner Bros. Unscripted and Alternative Television. “The combination of the insanely talented Andy Cohen and the undisputed king of relationship shows Mike Fleiss is absolute magic … add in the perfect home of Fox … and I think we have a match made in heaven.”

“‘Love Connection’ was always one of my favorite programs,” stated Fleiss. “Show creator Eric Lieber was a close friend of mine. He taught me a lot about the relationship show format. The first rule – if the cast is good, just stay out of the way.”

Related stories from TheWrap:

John Ridley Updates on His Secret Marvel ABC Project: ‘I’m Very, Very Excited About It’

Why Jenna Elfman Has to Work Extra Hard at Acting in ABC’s ‘Imaginary Mary’

ABC’s Gay-Rights Miniseries ‘Under Attack by the Alt-Right,’ Creator Dustin Lance Black Says

Reba McEntire, Marc Cherry Drama Picked Up to Pilot at ABC

‘Dirty Dancing,’ ‘Imaginary Mary’ and More: Here Are ABC’s Midseason Premiere Dates

Melissa Carter Inks Overall Deal With Warner Horizon Television

Read on: Deadline.

Writer/producer Melissa Carter has signed a multi-year overall deal with Warner Horizon Television. Under the pact, Carter will develop new scripted programming for cable and streaming services at the studio, a division of Warner Bros. TV.
The overall deal extends Carter’s long-standing relationship with WHTV. She most recently served as an executive producer on WHTV’s upcoming Freeform drama series Famous in Love, from Pretty Little Liars‘ I. Marlene King, which is based…