Ex-NFL Player Jonathan Martin Charged With Multiple Crimes After Posting Shotgun Photo

Former Miami Dolphins player Jonathan Martin has been charged with five separate counts after posting a photo of a shotgun on social media last month, a picture that caused the temporary closure of his alma mater high school, Harvard-Westlake in Studio City, California.

According to legal papers obtained by TheWrap, Martin has been charged with four counts of criminal threats, as well as a count of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle in a city — specifically, Glendale, California.

The criminal threats are felony charges, while the firearm charge is a misdemeanor, according to the papers, which state that Martin threatened James Dunleavy, Durall “TJ” Taylor, Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey.

Also Read: Former Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Forces School to Close by Posting Shotgun Photo

A spokesman for the Los Angeles County distict attorney said that Martin turned himself in on an arrest warrant Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges. He’s due back in court April 25 for a preliminary hearing.

If convicted as charged, Martin faces up to six years in custody.

Martin sent the high school into a panic by posting an Instagram story suggesting it could be the target of a shooting.

Also Read: Jake Paul Lays Out 5-Point Plan to Prevent School Shootings in Latest YouTube Video

The photo featured a shotgun and the names of former teammates Incognito and Pouncey, and the renowned preparatory school.

Incognito, who is now with the Buffalo Bills, was the player at the heart of the bullying scandal against Martin in 2013, with Pouncey also accused. Incognito was later released from the Dolphins for harassing Martin, voluntarily checked himself into an Arizona treatment facility and sat out the 2014 season.

Martin’s Instagram post included a caption reading: “When you’re a bully victim and a coward, your options are suicide or revenge.”

Martin graduated from Harvard-Westlake in 2008 and joined the Dolphins in 2012. He has not played in the NFL since 2014.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Former Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Forces School to Close by Posting Shotgun Photo

Jake Paul Lays Out 5-Point Plan to Prevent School Shootings in Latest YouTube Video

Trump Meets With Pro-Gun Florida High School Shooting Survivor in Oval Office

Former Miami Dolphins player Jonathan Martin has been charged with five separate counts after posting a photo of a shotgun on social media last month, a picture that caused the temporary closure of his alma mater high school, Harvard-Westlake in Studio City, California.

According to legal papers obtained by TheWrap, Martin has been charged with four counts of criminal threats, as well as a count of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle in a city — specifically, Glendale, California.

The criminal threats are felony charges, while the firearm charge is a misdemeanor, according to the papers, which state that Martin threatened James Dunleavy, Durall “TJ” Taylor, Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles County distict attorney said that Martin turned himself in on an arrest warrant Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charges. He’s due back in court April 25 for a preliminary hearing.

If convicted as charged, Martin faces up to six years in custody.

Martin sent the high school into a panic by posting an Instagram story suggesting it could be the target of a shooting.

The photo featured a shotgun and the names of former teammates Incognito and Pouncey, and the renowned preparatory school.

Incognito, who is now with the Buffalo Bills, was the player at the heart of the bullying scandal against Martin in 2013, with Pouncey also accused. Incognito was later released from the Dolphins for harassing Martin, voluntarily checked himself into an Arizona treatment facility and sat out the 2014 season.

Martin’s Instagram post included a caption reading: “When you’re a bully victim and a coward, your options are suicide or revenge.”

Martin graduated from Harvard-Westlake in 2008 and joined the Dolphins in 2012. He has not played in the NFL since 2014.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Former Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Forces School to Close by Posting Shotgun Photo

Jake Paul Lays Out 5-Point Plan to Prevent School Shootings in Latest YouTube Video

Trump Meets With Pro-Gun Florida High School Shooting Survivor in Oval Office

Former Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Forces School to Close by Posting Shotgun Photo

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin sent a Los Angeles-area high school into a panic by posting an Instagram story suggesting it could be the target of a shooting.

The photo featured a shotgun and the names of former teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey, and renowned preparatory school Harvard-Westlake in Studio City, Calif., which Martin attended.

Incognito, who is now with the Buffalo Bills, was the player at the heart of the bullying scandal against Martin in 2013, with Pouncey also accused. Incognito was later released from the Dolphins for harassing Martin, voluntarily checked himself into an Arizona treatment facility and sat out the 2014 season.

Also Read: Super Bowl LII: Justin Timberlake’s Audio Malfunction and 15 More Things You Didn’t See on TV

Martin’s Instagram post included a caption reading: “When you’re a bully victim and a coward, your options are suicide or revenge.” His account is verified.

Jonathan Martin with some seriously disturbing stuff here… pic.twitter.com/mbFf4jGPQG

– 12up (@12upSport) February 23, 2018

The message led to the school being closed on Friday, which came just over a week after a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, left 17 people dead.

BREAKING: Harvard-Westlake school CLOSED today for security risk.

– Aaron Park (@aaronparkchron) February 23, 2018

“The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always our primary concern. So, out of an abundance of caution, we made the decision to close school today,” the school said in a statement, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Also Read: Buffalo Bills Owner Has National Anthem Protest Idea So Crazy It Just Might Work

“The school’s private security team is working with the Los Angeles Police Department, which is present on both campuses. With these precautions in place, we believe there is no imminent threat to our campuses or our school community.” The school has now reopened.

Also Read: Forget Fergie, LeBron James and Steph Curry Agree That 2018 NBA All-Star Game Was a Hit

The LAPD confirmed to TheWrap that the “person who had posted the image” has been detained, although they could not specify that it was Martin.

An NFL’s independent report conducted by Ted Wells after the bullying accusations stated that Martin had been receiving treatment for depression since he was a teenager.

BREAKING: @ABC confirms: Former Dolphins OL Jonathan Martin has been taken into custody

– Matt Stone (@MattStoneABC) February 23, 2018

Martin graduated from Harvard-Westlake in 2008 and joined the Dolphins in 2012. He has not played in the NFL since 2014.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Super Bowl LII: Justin Timberlake’s Audio Malfunction and 15 More Things You Didn’t See on TV

Super Bowl LII: Twitter Map Shows All But 4 States Are Rooting for Eagles Over the Patriots

Rich Eisen on Why Super Bowl LII Will Be ‘Jaw-Droppingly Incredible’ (Video)

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin sent a Los Angeles-area high school into a panic by posting an Instagram story suggesting it could be the target of a shooting.

The photo featured a shotgun and the names of former teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey, and renowned preparatory school Harvard-Westlake in Studio City, Calif., which Martin attended.

Incognito, who is now with the Buffalo Bills, was the player at the heart of the bullying scandal against Martin in 2013, with Pouncey also accused. Incognito was later released from the Dolphins for harassing Martin, voluntarily checked himself into an Arizona treatment facility and sat out the 2014 season.

Martin’s Instagram post included a caption reading: “When you’re a bully victim and a coward, your options are suicide or revenge.” His account is verified.

The message led to the school being closed on Friday, which came just over a week after a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, left 17 people dead.

“The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is always our primary concern. So, out of an abundance of caution, we made the decision to close school today,” the school said in a statement, according to the Los Angeles Times.

“The school’s private security team is working with the Los Angeles Police Department, which is present on both campuses. With these precautions in place, we believe there is no imminent threat to our campuses or our school community.” The school has now reopened.

The LAPD confirmed to TheWrap that the “person who had posted the image” has been detained, although they could not specify that it was Martin.

An NFL’s independent report conducted by Ted Wells after the bullying accusations stated that Martin had been receiving treatment for depression since he was a teenager.

Martin graduated from Harvard-Westlake in 2008 and joined the Dolphins in 2012. He has not played in the NFL since 2014.

Related stories from TheWrap:

Super Bowl LII: Justin Timberlake's Audio Malfunction and 15 More Things You Didn't See on TV

Super Bowl LII: Twitter Map Shows All But 4 States Are Rooting for Eagles Over the Patriots

Rich Eisen on Why Super Bowl LII Will Be 'Jaw-Droppingly Incredible' (Video)