Read on: TheWrapTheWrap
Vanity Fair and car brand Genesis have canceled a planned dinner for fashion photographer Bruce Weber after a sexual harassment complaint was filed against him.
“Vanity Fair and Genesis, the dinner’s sponsor, have agreed to cancel the dinner,” a spokesperson for Vanity Fair said in a statement to TheWrap.
The dinner was set to take place on Tuesday evening at Art Basel in Miami to celebrate Weber’s book, “All-American Volume XVII.”
Model Jason Boyce filed a complained against Weber last week, according to the Los Angeles Times. Boyce accused the photographer of forcing him to rub his own genitals on the set of a 2014 shoot. And more men have accused Weber of sexual misconduct, according to Boyce’s lawyer, Lisa Bloom.
Boyce’s complaint, first reported on by the New York Post, alleges that Weber kissed Boyce on the lips: “Weber put his fingers in Mr. Boyce’s mouth. Shocked, Mr. Boyce opened his eyes. Mr. Weber told him to keep his eyes closed, and kept his fingers in Mr. Boyce’s mouth. ‘If you just had confidence, you’d go really far,’ Mr. Weber whispered. ‘How far do you want to make it? How ambitious are you?’ Mr. Boyce did not respond.”
Weber has not responded to the accusation, and a spokesperson for the photographer has not yet responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.
Weber’s company, Little Bear, Boyce’s agent, Jason Kanner and Kanner’s agency, Soul Artist Management, were also named in the complained filed in the New York State Supreme Court.
Weber has photographed countless Hollywood stars for Vanity Fair over the years, and also shot campaigns for Versace, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren and Revlon.